If you are looking for protection from uncontrolled access, SALTO can deliver theperfect solution, tailored to your exact requirements to provide you with all the security, convenience and control you need.
Our state-of-the-art electronic locking systems offer flexible and functional access control with a wide choice of software options. Our access control systems are designed to work in a wire free environment so there is no need to hard wire the building, allowing you to keep your original doors and locks in place. This makes installation fast, self contained and straightforward. An access control system that uses distributed intelligence in both the lock and the key to communicate wirelessly with PC based SALTO programming software that makes lock re-programming or re-keying a thing of the past.
Both key cards and locks can be programmed to allow or restrict access to different parts of the building. And the information stored in the key card can be transferred to a computer to provide precise audit trail information about where and when each lock has been used including the date, time and whether access was allowed or denied.
Combined with the additional functionality provided by the SALTO Virtual Network (SVN), users can achieve 90% of the benefits of a fully on-line system for the cost of a stand alone system. And now with the brand new XS4 on-line battery operated wireless lock system you can experience real time access control solutions without the need for wiring.
SALTO Systems unique new networked lock set can be used for a huge range of access control applications. It’s the first RFID system that can be upgraded at any time.
SALTO Systems Benefits
- The SALTO wireless system combines the efficiency of both on-line and off-line applications in a single system.
- Real-time communication with state-of-the-art SALTO stand alone battery powered escutcheons simplifies security management and provides unrivalled levels of access control flexibility.
- It uses AES128 bits encrypted radio frequency communication based on IEEE 802.15.4 at 2,4Ghz to transfer information from escutcheons to the PC through strategically located gateways or repeaters.
- The wireless system is so efficient that battery power consumption is close to that of our standard battery powered electronic escutcheons.
- Real time audit trail: View door access in real time without having to visit the door.
- Real time door control: view door status in real time.
- Real time battery control: Monitor battery maintenance by viewing the lock battery status in real time.
- Key management: Resolved in real time as the locks receive cancelled key updates as soon as they are generated.
- Any number of doors can be equipped with the SALTO wireless system at much lower cost than a conventional wired access control solution.
- Gateways and repeaters act as antennas, collecting and sending information from the PC to the stand alone wireless locks. One gateway can manage several repeaters and electronic escutcheons, minimizing infrastructure costs and maximizing flexibility.
- The SALTO wireless system is compatible with most common RFID technologies including Mifare/DESfire, Inside Picopass, Legic and HID iClass. This makes integration easy and in most cases you can continue using your existing cards for all your applications.
- The SALTO wireless system is completely integrated with the SALTO platform making it easy to customise to your exact needs and cost-effective to expand at a later date.
- All SALTO escutcheons are also SVN (SALTO Virtual Network) compatible. So in the unlikely event that the RF connection is interrupted, SVN technology will enable the escutcheons to keep working normally, but off-line, without compromising security or control. And, there are no limits on access so all the cardholders in the system, however many there are, can continue to enjoy full access privileges while RF connection is re-established.
The SALTO Platform
- The SALTO wireless system is managed through stateof- the-art Pro Access or HAMS SQL software that can handle up to 64 000 users and 64 000 devices. It enables users to manage a complete wireless network and all existing SALTO off-line devices such as escutcheons and cylinders.
- With a single click of a mouse you can configure or make changes to the network in real-time
- as only the gateways and repeaters have to be set-up, the wireless electronic escutcheons will be configured automatically through their self-organizing capabilities.
- You can then monitor the wireless network, download audit trail information from the wireless escutcheons for real time control, delete users remotely and securely, collect battery status of the RF escutcheons for maintenance and much more all from a single PC and all in real-time.
- And thanks to its self-healing capabilities, if an escutcheon should lose RF connection at any time it will automatically scan for a new connection to an alternative gateway or repeater, restoring communication and maintaining security.
You choose the level of security control you need.
From a simple self programmable system that needs no computer to manage it, through a highly capable mid-range ROM system up to the high performance data on card technology SALTO Virtual Network (SVN) system that allows you to control all the doors in an entire building or group of buildings from a single PC.
SALTO Selfprogrammable access control system
Unlike conventional locks where if the keys are lost you have the expense and inconvenience of replacing all the affected locks and keys – with the new SALTO XS4 RFID e-lock or e-cylinder self programmable system you just delete the missing key from the system and issue a new one to the user. It’s that simple.
And if your access control needs grow, the system can be upgraded at any time to a complete ROM access control system or to a data on card SVN system without having to change any of the door hardware.
SALTO ROM access control system
If you need a higher level of control over who is entering your building and when, the SALTO XS4 RFID ROM system is the answer. It provides all the benefits of a stand alone access control system in a compact, cost effective package.
No complicated wiring or other intrusive work is required and you can continue to use your existing mortise locks–reducing the installation cost. It’s easy to use Pro Access ROM software can be customized to suit your needs so you can ad users and doors, user groups and zones and set time periods and opening modes that instruct the door to lock or unlock automatically as needed.
And if your access control needs grow, the system can be upgraded at any time to a complete data on card SVN system without having to change any of the door hardware.
SALTO Data on card access control system
The SALTO XS4 data on card access control system is designed for use in larger buildings and enables users to work in a wire free environment so there is no need to hard wire. This allows you to keep your original doors and locks in place, making installation fast, self contained and straight forward.
It allows you to control your entire building remotely and in almost real time through the SALTO Virtual Network (SVN). This advanced software system allows stand-alone locks to read, receive and write information via its operating smart cards or ‘intelligent’ keys.
This data is captured from the cards at SVN on-line hot spots located at strategic points around the building.The “hot spot” uploads and downloads user related information that is then used to permit, control or deny access.